Sunday, April 18, 2010

Funny Family- Part II

My family loves to talk. and talk they do.....so, in the second series of Funny Family, I chronicle my beloved family member's Top 5 favourite sayings...

5. We never backanswered our parents...
- Really? Its not as if you would have had your way anyways....which is more like why you won't let me have mine either :P

4. Look at Valliachan's son, Cheriamma's daughter, Iyengar Aunty's daughter-in-law, Sharma Uncle's dog......so obedient, so loving, so family oriented, so.....
- Hmmmm......well since I seem to fare lacklustre in comparison to almost the entire youth brigade, either there's something wrong with me.....or we could just blame it on the genes! the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it? :P

2. Do you know how we lived? We were 3/4/5/6/7....in one family. But still we managed to live happily.
- Yeah, so family planning wasn't vogue in your times...in any case, have you read about inflation? Not to forget it is your sibling's offspring and their extended family which are crowding the roads and competing for my jobs. :

3. You do not understand the value of money. You have not earned any of your own and yet you keep making your preposterous demands.
- Of course, I have value for money.... why do you think I don't spend any of mine.....which is also why I prefer spending it from your pocket.....and why I want to spend it before it is too late ;)

1. You will not understand now. But YOU WILL one day, when you have kids of your own. And then you'll know what it is to be a parent. And then, I'll look and laugh.
- This one takes the cake, the baker and the bakery also.....why do they have to be so sadistic? At this rate, I'm actually dreading having kids of my own, if they're going to be anything like mine...

6 comments:

  1. yo the last one definitely clinches it! i get it all the time too

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....i get all of them all the time! there are a lot more gems I know! maybe i should write them all down and put them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...no doubt the lines are well known and spoken in umpteen families , including mine. But your ginormous witty replies are su awesome...I will try each one of them next time I hit my family (no physical effect intended :P) and let you know how I fared :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anish...maybe i should put in a "i claim no responsibility for the posts i put up" disclaimer! yeah, but lemme know what happens..i'll learn from ur experience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. the last one is the classic...

    ReplyDelete