Thursday, April 1, 2010

Go.....Break a leg!

1. Do some random stuff.
2. Turn around. JUST LIKE THAT. Turn around.
3. Hear the snap of the knee buckling in.
4. Try putting the dislocated knee back into the socket.
5. Now, fall down making the most painful face possible to attract attention.



And that is how I managed to break my leg effortlessly. Voila..... midway between making a fool of myself while compering on stage, I turn around so that noone is deprived of the pleasure of seeing my red face. And then, Steps 1 to 5 happened in quick motion quickly leaving me incapacitated.


A quick trip to Appolo with Smartass, Reddygaru and Carrots ensured something was wrong with my knee; except Rs.1500 of initial diagnosis couldn't confirm what? : While I was wincing in pain, Reddygaru happily announces that she's never had more fun in a long time and begins clicking photos(only if the IV and the injections were less threatening, I'd probably have agreed with her) To add insult to injury (literally), the doctor goes ahead and lets everyone know that I have "fat thighs"; a possible cause of the freak accident. :(


Meanwhile, news of the heroic(?) event reached college and I had to act quick and invent an exciting story. Reddygaru to the rescue-We quickly pinned the blame on My3's falling on my knee as the reason behind the injury. Things would have gone well if news of this hadn't reached My3 who was now talked about as being responsible for my fracture:P
>>>Revert to original story. This meant that I lost all chances of sympathy capitalizing, what with people actually doubting my injury.


After rounds of Rs.350/consultation, the doctor finally announced that he believes it could be an injury to the meniscus (the stress here is on "believes", he's still not sure)


3 months down the line, the injury's allright and my versions have changed...So I've hurt my leg playing a backhand shot in tennis (how that can be managed even I don't know), while tumbling down the stairs and even while running the college marathon...


I take this opportunity to thank all my friends for being the most wonderful I've ever had. You guys helped me stand up on my feet and gave me all the courage I ever needed.(except for someone who suggested amputation and using the Jaipur Foot as an alternative to the one I already had) ;)

4 comments:

  1. LOL hari! :D hilarious.. you're on fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you "Reddygaru"! more like I was in pain when I remembered "Uncle=Smartass" suggesting how cheap Jaipur foots are in the market! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... who suggested "Jaipur foot" ? beware of him dude...

    ReplyDelete
  4. a well-wisher I guess! but i guess I will :)

    ReplyDelete