Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Funny Family-Part III

I love my Mom...there's absolutely no one like her! But she has some quirks which I find terribly funny....So while I definitely believe that she attends the Global Mom's Convention (where Moms all around the world get together to decide on the lines they'll use on their kids), Amma has her own favourite list of sayings....so here goes.....


5. So my mom is perenially concerned I may just elope with someone and land up on her doorstep with a bride in tow...Not that I plan to (too much effort); but it is always great pleasure needling her. So my constant "irritate Amma" talk focus on my plans to marry a girl from some other community!
Battling my charges, my Mom, has come up with a 101-point manual on how only a Malayali girl of her choice can ever be good enough for me! She has come up with faults in every other community to prove how those girls will never be good enough for me :P

4. Having been a day scholar all my life, Amma's been pretty used to see me around the house all the time. So my mom's constant grouse is Bangalore; or rather how I've been "Bangalored"! So, nowadays most conversations begin like this:
"You were so nice when you were in Bombay. What has Bangalore done to you?"
"You valued money and family earlier....What has Bangalore done to you?"
"You loved my food....What has Bangalore done to you?"
you get the gist right? Now, even if I was crossing the road and a meteor fell on me, it would surely get attributed to Bangalore! :P (something like you've become so careless after going to Bangalore...no wonder you didnt see the meteor)


3. My Ma has the uncanny knack of switching on the TV when some "Mother-wala" serial/movie/ad plays along.
So picturise me and Amma in the living room....Ma switches on TV....The ad/movie/serial has a son/daughter/saint extolling the virtues of motherhood and how those who trouble their Moms will in all probability be put into a cauldron full of burning oil and left to their fortunes :(
And now picturise Ma turning back on me with a victorious smile.....


2. While I am a general good boy; whose example is taken by the other mothers in the community to browbeat their errant kids; (or so I am told), Amma has an impossible set of ideals I've got to live up to. That chetan, this bhaiya, that akka: in short most of my Mom's friends' offspring seem to be the epitome of goodness and godliness. All I am waiting is to earn some money and hire a detective to find a chink in these amazing people's armor!

1. My Amma is never wrong....yes, you may not believe me, but after numerous instances of trying to prove her wrong; I've given up. She knows exactly what goes through my mind and can smell a lie from a distance! She could actually put forward the most outrageous claims and somehow God has this partial way of siding up with my Mom and prove her right; all so that she could flash her "I told you so" smile :)



All said and done, this post is dedicated to the most amazing person in my life; my Mom. Amma's been there for me at every stage, a rock solid source of support and unconditional love. Thanks Ma...and in case you ever read this, please let me come back home :)

3 comments:

  1. loved the post ... esplly the 'she knows exactly what goes through your mind' part... keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I was a day-scholar all the time... and thats wat exactly my mom says too...

    ReplyDelete